Stuff I’m Reading
This is yet another attempt at quantifying the costs of copyright infringments.
It falls under the category of data attempting to prove that Copyright protection isn’t really all that and that infringement is therefore not the big deal it is presented to be externally.
What I’m interested in highlighting is the following:
- This is as handwavy as the data that the copyright force is enamoured with tossing around.
- In fact, anyone reading would likely question it and it’s meaning.
- I”m not sure, therefore, if this is helpful or whether it is the opposite.
- When considering whether it is helpful, it’s important to remember that the extent to which the side with almost all the lobbying power in it’s favor can use bogus data to its advantage is probably very dissimlar.
- Dissimlar, in this circumstance, probably means substantially less.
- in other words, I think it’s better not to. i don’t know that it serves a political purpose, and I think it is probably damaging to the point because anyone with meager interest to object can instantly tear the info into shreds.
Then again, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe any data here is good data.